Help us make a difference to the lives of people living with disabilities
How much do you value a roof over your head?
Your donation means more people with disabilities in North Queensland will be able to live in accessible housing.
We are committed to solving the critical issue of lack of appropriate housing for people living with disabilities. With your donation, we will build more houses in North Queensland to support people with disabilities to achieve greater independence, life goals and community inclusion.
For many people with disabilities, living an independent life is now a reality because of the support Cootharinga is able to provide. Tasks such as being able to physically get out of bed in the morning, have a shower, cook a meal, have a day out with friends or live independently are now possible. Your donations help us to assist people living with disabilities achieve and experience these simple joys of life.
All donations to Cootharinga of $2.00 and over are tax deductible.
What your donation will do
- Keep our Activity and Respite centre open for dedicated older parent carers who spend many years caring for their adult children with disabilities.
- Provide accommodation, support and life skills learning programs for people living with disabilities, assisting them to live independently in our community.
- Continue Cootharinga's Person Centred Life Planning Programs setting no limits to the wants, needs and dreams of the individual.
- Give people living with disabilities access to our community with social inclusion and employment opportunities.
- Expand and continue early intervention programs, at home assistance, classroom inclusion and therapy skill programs for parents, families and children affected by autism.
Why should you support Cootharinga?
The Opportunity to Give Back
Making a difference in the lives of people living with a disability is the flow on effect from giving back.
The feel-good factor
The act of giving, makes you feel good! Giving back to the community rewards you with a deep feeling of satisfaction and contentment!
Companies who support local charities "revel" in an enhanced positive reputation in the community, which builds high morale and loyalty amongst staff.
Financial donations to Cootharinga are tax deductible.