Productive and Positive Partnerships
THE POWER OF PARTNERSHIPS
By working closely with individuals we support, and other agencies, we can harness the power of partnerships. We can deliver much better outcomes when we connect with, and support others in this important area of work.
In line with our Strategic Directions, Cootharinga regularly seeks to expand its partnerships across the North Queensland region, and beyond.
- Ongoing support to The Umbrella Network, which is a successful and effective network of parents of children with a disability.
- Extended our constructive and successful partnerships with the Department of Communities. Several new services have commenced in supported accommodation, as well as opening an innovative respite service and centre.
- We also contribute to the developments of the department of Communities in Queensland to help us all to prepare for the introduction of National Disability Insurance Scheme due in Queensland in July 2016.
- Supported the Catholic Diocese of Townsville by providing them assistance with architectural drawings, and developing a successful submission. They secured over $1m funding for the Diocese to build five units for women with a disability.
- Cootharinga has begun work with agencies around Australia to support the development of Australasian Disability Professionals, which has now become the Australian Association of Disability Practitioners (www.aadp.org.au). This is now a division of national Disability Services. It supports the development of a professional group of workers in the disability sector across Australia.
- Worked with James Cook University to develop proposals for enhanced clinical services, as well as improved opportunities for clinical education across the North Queensland region.
- Strengthened and deepened our connections with our business and community supporters.
- Is a member of Ability First Australia www.abilityfirstaustralia.com.au a national body of leading disability service organisations working together to achieve a fair go for Australians living with a disability.
- As a member of Ability First Australia, Cootharinga was one of the first organisations affiliated with Easter Seals. Easter Seals is one of the top ten not for profit/charity organisations in the USA.
- Assisted Deaf Services Queensland with a project to research what services may be required in the Townsville region. Cootharinga offered office space, meeting rooms and a vehicle for their project officer. Since commencing services in Townsville, Cootharinga has assisted them with office and meeting spaces, as well as other supports.
With the generous support of these entities and people, Cootharinga has been able to successfully extend the reach of its positive impact.
Throughout the year we have worked with a wide range of organisations that support Cootharinga. Through extending and deepening the relationship that we have with these groups, we are able to offer more support and more services to the people we assist.
Our partnerships with commercial and business supporters continue to grow in number and in the amount of support we receive. On the "Home" page of our website, you will see an impressive array of the organisations that have supported us. To these supporters, we sincerely say "Thank you!"
Head over Heels
Siba & Sophia
Tippett Schrock Architects