Community Access - The primary objective of our Community Access is to encourage people we support to identify and develop their gifts, talents and abilities by providing supports necessary for them to become confident and contributing members of their community. Community Access operates in Townsville, Mackay and Cairns. Community Access provides highly skilled, professional, staff focused on the people we support. The routines and activities of Community Access are driven by the wishes and needs of the individual.
- Supporting people to exercise choice according to their personal taste
- Supporting effective communication to assist in the development of independence and social networks
- Community presence, recreation and achieving personal goals
- Tailoring services to meet the needs of people with high support needs
- Supporting with shopping, banking and other personal matters.
Community Access makes a major contribution to the implementation of the people we supports Individual Lifestyle Plans. The service provides staff who work according to the needs and wishes of the people we supports personal goals. Staff assist to seek opportunities to participate and contribute to their communities in a way that is meaningful and satisfying.
Some examples of activities and organisations in which the people we support choose to participate include:
- Development of personal interests e.g. singing, dance/drama, ceramics, volunteer work, painting, gardening, hobbies
- Literacy tutoring
- Social occasions
- Cultural events
- TAFE Classes
- Clubs and associations