The following vacancies are now available at Cootharinga.
Support Worker recruitment information
This position is Part-time, Casual located at Townsville, Cloncurry, Cairns, Mackay, Tablelands, Mt Isa.
Cootharinga North Queensland is seeking enthusiastic and passionate individuals who are committed to providing the highest standard of service to support people with a disability. Cootharinga conducts recruitments for support workers four times a year, eg, February, May, August and October/November. Applications for our October/November recruitment will be available on this website once a date is finalised. Please watch for the position to be advertised in your location.
Your role would be:
• to focus on people achieving their goals
• to use your imagination and skills to engage others
• to make others smile
• to make the most of the time you have to provide positive social interactions
• to work from the heart
• to connect with a range of people in many areas of the community
• to work within a team whilst recognising the skills and abilities of others
• to remove pre-conceived ideas that limit participation in daily living
A career with Cootharinga offers you good rates of pay, flexible working hours, opportunities for training and career progression, regular supervision and appraisals. It is essential that you have a current C class driving licence. Applicants need to be aware that these positions involve shiftwork. Successful applicants who do not hold a Certificate III in Disability will be required to enrol in the Certificate III in Disability course upon commencement of employment. It is expected the qualification will be gained within 12 months.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.