Cootharinga North Queensland COVID-19 Information and Updates
We continue to monitor the current COVID-19 pandemic and are following the advice and direction of the Queensland State Government and the Australian Government Department of Health. For the most up to date information, you can visit the Queensland Government website.
We ask that all of our customers, volunteers, visitors and employees adhere to:
- Sign in and record temperature upon arrival to Cootharinga properties or services.
- Practice social distancing of 1.5 metres when possible
- Do not enter any Cootharinga premises or attend any Cootharinga Allied Health appointments or Cootharinga group activities if you;
- Are showing COVID-19 symptoms including dry cough, fever, and tiredness.
- Are waiting on COVID-19 test results.
- Have returned from a COVID-19 hot spot within the last 14 days.
- Have returned from overseas within the last 14 days.
- Have been in contact with someone who fits the above criteria within the last 14 days.
Australian COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
On Friday 13 November 2020, the national vaccination policy of the Commonwealth was endorsed by the National Cabinet. Within this policy, it is outlined that there are three groups that have been identified by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) as priority groups to receive the vaccination.
The three priority groups identified by ATAGI are:
- Those who are at increased risk of exposure and hence being infected with and transmitting SARS-CoV-2 to others at risk of severe disease or are in a setting with high transmission potential. This includes health and aged care workers; other care workers, including disability support workers; and people in other settings where the risk of virus transmission is increased, which may include quarantine workers.
- Those who have an increased risk, relative to others, of developing severe disease or outcomes from COVID-19 including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, older people and people with underlying select medical conditions.
- Those working in services critical to societal functioning including select essential services personnel and other key occupations required for societal functioning.
For more information on the Australia COVID-19 vaccination policy, click the below button.
Cootharinga has implemented several measures throughout our services to reduce the risk of our customers, employees, and stakeholders.
These measures include;
- Cleaning procedures of our services, houses and residential facilities
- Health and safety precautions and procedures to enact if a customer or an employee is suspected of or tested positive for COVID-19
- Restriction of unnecessary visitors to services, houses and residential facilities
- Email updates and information-sharing with all employees and customers when required