COOTHARINGA NORTH QUEENSLAND
OUR VISION "Building a better world with people of all abilities!"
1. Valuing all Abilities - We proactively work towards "Building a better world with people of all abilities"
2. Innovation and Creativity - We value and pursue innovative and creative ideas
3. Team Spirit - We build positive and supportive teams through trust, respect and valuing each other
4. Respect - We respect all cultures people and diversity
5. Integrity - We believe in, promote and consistently pursue the highest ethical and professional standards
6. Positive Partnerships - We seek, develop and strengthen partnerships for positive change
Cootharinga is a quality service provider who has been supporting people with disabilities in North Queensland for 63 years. Located at 20 Keane Street Currajong, Cootharinga provides accommodation and support services in Townsville, Cairns, Mackay, Rockhampton, Mount Isa and regions in between.
We provide the below services:
- Allied Health Service for Children
- Allied Health Service for Adults
- Community Living
- Respite & Carer Support
- Rehabilitation Technology Service
- Supports for School Leavers
- Mobile Attendant Care
- Parent Connect - Townsville & Rockhampton
- My Time Playgroup
Our Rehabilitation Technology Service is unique to North Queensland. It involves seating assessments and repairs to mobility equipment, including assistive technology.
Cootharinga also has an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Liaison Officer and Resource and Information Centre both located at Currajong.
Cootharinga North Queensland would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians on which land we stand, the Wulgurukaba and Bindal people. We also pay our respects to elders, past present and future
Cootharinga employ over 300 staff, with a strong focus on relevant staff training and development.
Our success is directly reliant on the support and involvement of the local community. Fundraising plays a vital role in the viability of Cootharinga, It is our goal to continue working with the local community to further achieve our vision of ...."Building a better world with people of all abilities!."