Cootharinga North Queensland COVID-19 Procedure Update
I wish to provide you with an update on Cootharinga North Queensland’s response and current preventative measures in regards to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
The management of Cootharinga North Queensland continue to monitor and follow the advice from the Department of Health, World Health Organisation (WHO) and Federal Government websites regarding COVID-19.
As the impact continues to evolve across Australia, Cootharinga North Queensland is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our staff and customers. All staff have been asked to be aware of their own health and not come to work if unwell. Staff have been informed to monitor the health and wellbeing of our customers and to notify the relevant medical practitioners, health care professionals and stakeholders if there is any change in health, particularly if those changes are exhibiting symptoms similar or same to COVID-19.
Our aim is to ensure continuity of service to all our customers, with no, or minimal disruption, where possible.
To ensure continuity of service, the organisation is presently implementing a range of measures for all our work locations. These measures are:
• Sanitation stations have been placed strategically in our corporate office locations, containing sanitising gel and wipes;
• Ensuring our work locations have adequate access to hand soap, sanitiser, tissues, and gloves.
• Reinforcement on hand washing techniques with soap and water, sanitising gel and disinfecting common areas;
• Education on covering the nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing and appropriate disposal of tissues;
• Avoiding contact with anyone who has symptoms such as fever, a cough, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath;
• Staying home if unwell and promoting staff to contact their General Practitioner on appropriate health advice and guidance;
• Encouraging employees to visit the Department of Health and WHO websites, as well as the 24/7 phone hotline services available about COVID-19 and health concerns;
• Monitoring customers in supported living arrangements for any changes in health conditions and following appropriate protocol and procedures;
• Restricting non-essential visitors such as tradespeople (contractors) to our Cootharinga North Queensland premises including, our Cootharinga owned residential houses;
• Restricting all non-essential work related air travel from today, Tuesday 17 March 2020 until further notice;
This week, the organisation has secured professional non-contact thermometers to enable any staff member entering our work locations to have their temperature checked prior to commencing shift with any of our customers.
These measures form part of our Business Continuity Plan and whilst we do have the technology to support our corporate staff to work remotely if required, our priority is our direct support staff and customers. I, therefore, do kindly request any person who is presenting with similar or same symptoms to the COVID-19 virus, seek medical advice/guidance from their health professional, and refrain from attending our work locations, including our corporate offices and activity centres until medical clearance has been provided. This is to ensure Cootharinga North Queensland can continue to provide the level of continuity of service in line with existing expectations and to ensure the continued health and wellbeing of our staff and our customers.
I thank you for your support in helping to keep all our customers, their families and our staff and visitors safe and well.
I will keep you updated of any development or changes in our preventative measures as the situation develops.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the local Service Manager, Regional Leader or myself on 1800 266 842.
CEO - Cootharinga North Queensland
Keep up to date for the latest health advise via the Queensland Government website below
Visit Queensland Government website