More pages in this section
The National Disability Insurance Scheme is the insurance that gives us all peace of mind. Disability could affect anyone - having the right support makes a big difference.
Cootharinga has been successfully involved in providing services and supports under the NDIS since its initial roll-out to Townsville in 2016. This has allowed us to confidently assist eligible recipients’ access and transition to the NDIS throughout North Queensland during this roll-out period and continue to strongly provide to your NDIS plan and goals now that it has been fully implemented throughout Queensland.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible if you are;
- Aged between 7 and 65
- Live in Australia and have an Australian residency
- Need support from a person because of a permanent and significant disability
- Use equipment because of a permanent and significant disability
- Need some supports now to reduce your future needs
You can check your eligibility through the NDIS website HERE: https://www.ndis.gov.au/applying-access-ndis/am-i-eligible
Early Childhood Early Intervention
NDIS supports are available for children aged 0-6 with developmental delays or a disability under their Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI). The process to apply for ECEI is slightly different and is evidence based.
For more information on your child’s eligibility visit the NDIS website HERE: https://www.ndis.gov.au/applying-access-ndis/how-apply/information-support-your-request/providing-evidence-disability-children
What Does the NDIS Cover?
The NDIS may cover:
- Daily personal activities.
- Transport to enable participation in community, social, economic and daily life activities.
- Workplace help to allow a participant to successfully get or keep employment in the open or supported labour market.
- Therapeutic supports including behaviour support.
- Help with household tasks to allow the participant to maintain their home environment.
- Help to a participant by a skilled personnel in receiving aids or equipment assessments, set up and training.
- Home modification design and construction.
- Mobility equipment.
- Vehicle modifications.
For more information on the types of supports are covered visit the NDIS website HERE: https://www.ndis.gov.au/participants/creating-your-plan/plan-budget-and-rules
NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits 2021-22
Cootharinga North Queensland pricing structure is determined on the NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits 2021-22, which ensures that service providers are providing value for money to all participants throughout Australia.