Cootharinga North Queensland understands you want to get the most out of your NDIS package and to receive high-quality services for the best price. This is why Cootharinga North Queensland aligns our conditions and pricing to the most up-to-date NDIS Pricing Arrangement and Price Limits document.
For the most up to date NDIS Price Arrangements and Price Limits document please visit the NDIS Website HERE
To view Cootharinga North Queensland Price Guide, please download the file below. Please note this document is current as at 1 January 2022 and is subject to change due to updates within the NDIS.
- For any questions relating to your NDIS plan, please contact the National Disability Insurance Agency, 1800 800 110
- For any questions relating to Coootharinga North Queensland's pricing, including the application of Temporary Transformation Payment (TTP), please contact Cootharinga North Queensland 1800 COOTHARINGA (1800 266 842)
Pricing updates – effective 1 January 2022
From January 2022, the NDIA will apply:
- a temporary increase of 0.25% to the price limits for community participation supports and supports with activities of daily living, other than group core supports and supported independent living (SIL)
- a temporary increase of 0.4% to the price limits for group core supports and SIL.
NDIA has provided a higher increase for group core supports and SIL supports to account for the greater need for PPE when delivering these supports. The increased price limits are a temporary measure and NDIA advise it will continuously monitor public health orders and the need for this support.
In line with these price limit increases, the NDIA has released updated versions of the NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits and the NDIS Support Catalogue. These two documents set out the latest pricing arrangements and price limits that the NDIA has determined will apply to the provision of supports for participants in the NDIS from 1 January 2022.
These documents are intended to assist in understanding the ways in which price controls work in the NDIS. Price regulation is in place to help ensure that participants receive value for money when they purchase the supports they need. These documents can be accessed as per the links below:
Cootharinga will never charge an individual more than the NDIS Price Limits. The NDIA reviews the NDIS Pricing Arrangements regularly and sets price limits that reflect wage inflation, market trends and ensure the NDIS remains sustainable.
Short Notice Cancellations
This Short Notice Cancellation policy applies to all services that Cootharinga delivers except for services that are delivered under the arrangements of a Program of Support.
Where a provider has a Short Notice Cancellation (or no show), they are able to claim 100% of the agreed fee associated with the activity from the participant’s plan, subject to this NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits and the terms of the service agreement with the participant.
A cancellation is a short notice cancellation if the participant:
- does not show up for scheduled support within a reasonable time, or is not present at the agreed place and within a reasonable time when the provider is traveling to deliver the support; or
- has given less than two (2) clear business days’ notice for a support that meets both of the following conditions:
- the support is less than 8 hours continuous duration; AND
- the agreed total price for the support is less than $1000; or
- has given less than five (5) clear business days’ notice for any other support.
Programs of Support Cancellations
Where a Program of Supports can be implemented we will discuss this with you and a Program of Support will be implemented as part of The Service Agreement.
Supports delivered as part of a Program of Supports are not subject to the short notice cancellation rules. When delivered as a “program of support” providers claim against the plans of all the participants who had agreed to attend an instance of support in the program of support as though they had attended (whether or not they did) - as long as the provider had the capacity to deliver the support.
Programs of Support Cancellation:
- Can only be offered if the duration of the program is no longer than 12 weeks (unless specifically allowed for in the NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits; and
- Participants are able to exit from the program of supports without cost, subject to a notice period of no more than two (2) weeks.
- Providers and participants can agree to a new program of support at any time.
- Providers who offer programs of support must enter into an agreement with each participant specifying the program of support, including its length, exit rules and intended outcomes. These agreements must be consistent with this NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits.
- Providers cannot pre-claim for programs of support. Each instance of support in the program of support has to be delivered before the provider can claim for that instance of support.