Cootharinga North Queensland Customer Update - COVID-19
Over the last couple of weeks there have been many announcements from the Australian and State Governments that have caused major impacts to the way in which Australians live and go about their daily lives. At Cootharinga North Queensland, we are working hard to ensure that these announcements have as little effect as possible to the services you receive.
We have however had to implement some changes including:
• Transport continues to be provided but will only be available to transport one customer with one support worker or customers from the same household and one support worker.
• Cootharinga group programs and group activities have been modified in adherence to group gathering limitations, social distancing and guidelines set by the Australian Government and health organisations.
• Community access is still available for medical appointments, personal errand for essential items such as groceries, and exercise such as walking.
• Our Allied Health Services are providing appointments through Telehealth and if requested by customers, we will consider face to face appointments ensuring adherence to guidelines set by the Australian Government and health organisations.
• Our administration offices in Townsville, Cairns, Mackay and Mount Isa effective of 30th March are closed to the public. Please contact us on 1800 266 842 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to make alternative arrangements.
In addition to our own changes, NDIA has temporarily increased price limits for some supports. These supports include:
• Assistance with Daily Life (excluding Supported Independent Living)
• Assistance with Social and Community Participation
• Improved Health and Wellbeing (excluding personal training)
• Improved Daily Living Skills
The NDIA has also temporarily changed the rules regarding cancelling appointments; we will let you know at the time how this affects you if you decide to cancel some of your supports.
Cootharinga is implementing the new rates for all applicable supports from 28 March 2020. Visit the Price Guide page on the NDIS website for more detailed information about this temporary increase to price limits.
To assist us in continuing to provide supports and to ensure the health and well-being of not only yourself, but fellow Cootharinga customers and staff, we ask that if you answer yes to any of the below, you undertake self-isolation practices for a 14 day period, contact your local GP and discuss with your Cootharinga representative options available to continue receiving your Cootharinga services.
• You have been tested for COVID-19, even if you have received a negative
• You have recently returned from overseas or domestic travel
(outside a 100km radius) within the last 14 days.
• You are showing signs of COVID-19. (Cough, fever, tiredness, difficulty
• You are unwell with any other symptoms.
If you require any assistance or require further information on any of the above, we are here to assist you on 1800 266 842 or via email email@example.com.
I thank you all for you continued support and cooperation during this time. It has been incredible to watch everyone band together as a community and I am proud of the acts of kindness and support we are seeing from our customers, staff and local supporters.
For our latest updates, visit our Cootharinga Conversations on our website HERE and make sure you are following us on Facebook HERE.
CEO - Cootharinga North Queensland