Leaving High School and transitioning into adulthood is a very exciting time. Cootharinga are here to assist you in navigating this transition to ensure you are receiving the supports you need to live the life you want.
We can assist you in;
Community And Centre Based Learning
- Skills and Transition are here to help you develop skills to live independently, prepare for transition to employment, further study, volunteering or connecting with community groups.
- The Community And Activity Hub offers programs designed to improve self-confidence, social interaction and community inclusion.
Assistance In Home And Community
- At Cootharinga, our staff, actively work with people living with disabilities to assist them to achieve the life they want.
- Part of becoming an adult is making the decision to leave your childhood home and becoming more independent. Our Supported Independent Living options are there to assist you in gaining the skills and independence to live in your own home.
Therapies And Tailored Mobility
- Cootharinga offers a variety of Allied Health Services including physiotherapy, psychologist, speech pathology and occupational therapy.
- Equipment Solutions is a specialised wheelchair and lifestyle solutions service. We can assist you in upgrading your mobility equipment to meet your needs as an adult and change in routine and environment.
Accommodation And Housing
- Cootharinga offers Short and Medium Term Accommodation. Fully accessible and accommodating to make you feel as comfortable as possible for your stay.
- We have several properties throughout North Queensland with SDA approval. Keep an eye on our housing listings for our most up to date availabilities.
8am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday