Parents and Carers
Parents and Carers
At Cootharinga North Queensland we understand that families supporting a child with a disability also need support. We are here to help you and your families needs and will support you navigate the NDIS.
We assist you and your family by providing;
Parent And Family Support
- Parent Connect offers parent and carer support networks as well as programs designed to support your children or dependent through health, education, and their community.
Community And Centre Based Learning
- Skills and Transition are here to help your dependent develop skills to live independently, prepare for transition to employment, further study, volunteering or connecting with community groups.
- The Community And Activity Hub offers programs for your dependent designed to improve self-confidence, social interaction and community inclusion.
- Skills for teens is here to assist customers between the ages of 13 to 17 years in literacy and numeracy, communication, task performance, personal & emotion development.
- Our School Holiday Program is active fun for children aged 5 - 15 and their siblings during the School Holidays! Available in Townsville and Mount Isa
Assistance In Home And Community
- Our Support Coordinators are here to assist you in navigating your dependant's NDIS plan.
- Cootharinga North Queensland has two short and medium term accommodation properties. One located in Townsville and the other located in Mackay.
Therapies And Tailored Mobility
- Cootharinga North Queensland offers a variety of Allied Health Services including physiotherapy, speech pathology and occupational therapy.
- Equipment Solutions is North Queensland’s only specialised wheelchair and lifestyle solutions service provider. We can assist you in upgrading and modifying your dependant's mobility equipment to allow comfort while they grow and provide more independence.
8am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday