More pages in this section
At Cootharinga, we’re dedicated to your ambitions.
Our Allied Health Team collaborate with you and the people you love to understand your goals, and create the best possible approach for your circumstances, making your Cootharinga experience as unique as you.
Our physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and allied health assistants are ready to support your health and wellbeing goals, while being mindful of your specific needs and situation.
Everyone’s story is their own – get the support that lets you tell yours.
Speech Pathologists promote quality of life by assisting people of all ages to communicate effectively and swallow safely. They can assist with:
- what has been said or read
- language skills (including early language and more complex language skills)
- clear speech
- social language skills
- literacy skills (including reading and spelling)
- alternative communication skills e.g. signing
- use of augmentative communication devices e.g. communication books/voice output devices
- maintaining voice concerns
- mealtimes, feeding and safe swallowing
- people who stutter
Physiotherapists promote quality of life by assisting people of all ages to maintain or improve their mobility and overall function. This is through;
- Prescription of mobility and postural assistive technology
- Development of gross motor skills (large body movements)
- Prescription of home and community based exercise programs
- Hydrotherapy (pool based exercises)
- Development of upper body, lower body and core strength, coordination and flexibility
- Movement facilitation
- Manual therapy techniques
- Postural taping techniques
Occupational Therapists promote quality of life by assisting people of all ages to develop the skills needed to participate in their everyday activities, also known as their occupations. Occupational Therapists can help with:
- Daily living skills e.g. dressing, showering, cooking, shopping
- Play skills
- Developing skills needed for school
- Exploring and understanding sensory needs
- Exploring strategies for developing social and emotional skills
- Developing skills needed for the workplace
- Providing access to assistive technology
- Assessing and providing recommendations for minor home modifications.
Allied Health Assistants
Under the direction and supervision of a licenced therapist, Cootharinga offers Allied Health Assistants to our clients, maximising rehabilitation, development and general wellbeing.
Our Commitment to Client Well-being
Cootharinga Allied Health Service is committed to physical and psychological safety of our clients. Please see our commitment to customer safety HERE for more details.